Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Embeds

The highlight of this week’s Dreamweaver assignment was learning how to embed video, so I had to go create one. And being in possession of music notation software (Finale), I had to write a sound track. I chose not to rent or build a soundstage, however; the kitchen fit the bill nicely, the bill being $0.00. Also, the film is more of a short subject rather than feature length; the cast did not want to spend a lot of time on the project.


The other two parts of the assignment also have to do with embedding, namely an mp3 (a playlist was my choice) and a small program (Java applet). No reporters were embedded because none seemed interested. The Java applet was written during a class I took ten years ago. In the class I am taking now we have not yet progressed beyond applications that run from the command line. Towards the end of the semester I should have some newly-minted Java applets to show.

No comments: